Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ready, Set, Go, Here I come New Life

I was ready to make some major changes in my life. I was free from Killer and could move on to start my own life. I had saved some money and decided I was going to buy a house.  I loved my little piece of heaven, but it was time to move up to bigger and better things.

I started looking in the newspaper for homes.  I hadn't looked too long and found an open house that I thought I would go check out. I had looked at a couple of homes but when I walked in the front door, my  heart didn't stop.

The open house was on Sunday.  The home was located just off Delta River Drive in a small neighborhood. I liked the name of the street.  Sunnylane. Just perfect for my new sunny life!

I walked into the front door and took four steps toward the back and my heart stopped.  This was it.  This was the house I would make into my home. I didn't have to look any further, but I did and the more I saw, the more I could envision myself here.

It was a two bedroom ranch. The owners had done many updates, but the update that stopped my heart was the addition to the back of the house.  It was beautiful, vaulted ceilings, sky lights and lots of windows looked out on to the  back yard butting up against woods.  It was just perfect!

I was interested in making an offer on the house. I had never bought a house before. Killer had a home when I married him, so this was very exciting! 

Neal came over that night after dropping Kaitlyn off at her mom's.  I told him my news.  I was over the top excited to hear whether my offer would be accepted or not. He suggested that we buy the house together.

I looked puzzled, I am sure. I responded with the only answer I knew at the moment.  "I can buy the house by myself."

He was not doubting that I could not afford it, he wanted to make a commitment and the only way he could see doing that was to buy this house with me to prove he was committed to our relationship.

3408 Sunnylane
We talked about it for some time.  I was unsure as our relationship thus far had not been smooth sailing, but after several hours, I agreed.  If they accepted my offer, "we'd" buy the house, with one stipulation that was very clear.

If he ever screwed around on me, the house was mine.  I found it first, I bid on it and I would not give it up if he forgot what a commitment was. He agreed and the next day, we bought a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment