Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Party Like it's 1992


The Bride, her son and Cindy
Tina Marie and Roberto were to be married toward the end of October.  The ceremony took place in Jackson, Michigan.  It reminded me so much of my wedding to Killer.  Roberto was eighteen years older than Tina Marie. Killer was sixteen years older than I was.

The Happy Couple
Roberto had been married twice before. Killer had been married twice before.  Roberto was a widower. Killer was a widower. They were married in a church with a handful of family surrounding them.  We were married in the church basement with my family surrounding us. Tina Marie had a young son. Killer had a  young daughter.
Giving Away the Bride

Roberto was very protective of Tina Marie.  Killer was very protective of me. Roberto bought Tina Marie lots of jewelry. Killer showered me with a lot of jewelry. Roberto bought Tina nice clothing. Killer the same.  Many things reminded me of my union to Killer.  I prayed she was not making the same mistake I had made so many years ago. I am happy to say, they just celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary.  I should have been worried about my current marriage to Chappy and not hers that day.

At Thanksgiving we headed to Florida to spend the holiday with my parents.  Chappy had made a deal with Min years ago that he would always be home for Christmas, so we agreed, Thanksgiving with my parents, Christmas with his. In later years we always took two weeks at this time, spent a few days with my parents, a few days at Fort Myers Beach and a week on a tropical island some where.
Universal Studio 1992

We spent a few days at Mom and Dad's and headed over to Universal Studios for a day. As luck would have it, I was on vacation and it was raining. It was miserably cold and wet the day we went to enjoy the parks, but we left my parents and traveled south bound.  We came upon Fort Myers Beach. My favorite spot in Florida.  We only had three or four more days of our vacation left and we found a new condo complex that was privately owned and a rental as well.  Brand new.  The introductory price per night was $48.  Chappy and I thought we'd died and gone to heaven.  A three bedroom, two full bath, fully furnished condo with a full kitchen and laundry for less than $50? YES! And just a stone throw from the beach.  We went back every year we loved it so much.

Do I need to remind you that Killer and I had been in Fort Myers Beach four or five  years prior and stayed at the ant infested Tiki Resort.  As luck would have it, he was there every year the same week we were and Chappy knew it.

We never ran into each other, but we saw each other. Chappy was so jealous of Killer and I have no idea why. They were complete opposites of each other and neither had ever met the other one.

Crawford & Co
Killer had seen our wedding photo in the newspaper and was quick to call me after it was published to let me know he saw that I married a "fat boy."  Killer was six foot one and weighed tops 175 pounds.  He didn't have an ounce of fat on him and ate like a pig.  Chappy was six foot two and he was heavier, but I wouldn't have called him fat. Us plump girls like to refer to that as big boned.
Christmas Party - AFOM

We had fun on our mini vacation.  Once we were back home, we had Christmas parties to attend to and the first official Christmas at Min's as a married couple.  What a stressful time of the year that was. It never got any easier.

We went to the Accident Funds Holiday Party.  We attended Crawford & Company's event where Chappy was employed. Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Two was just one party after another for us and it ended with a New Years Party at Min's.

No comments:

Post a Comment