Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Queen Enjoys the Land of Her People

We went on the Rock and Roll cruise. I am the first to say, it was a disappointment.  Perhaps because it was on a Tuesday night, two days before Thanksgiving.  I can not imagine this boat owner continuing this sinking ship if the entertainment was the same we had experienced.  He was the Captain, the bartender and the entertainment.  It was cool and windy the
Captain, Bartender, Singer
with Cindy and Tanya
night we hopped on board so dancing while the boat was rocking was not an option.  Remember, I am on vacation, this is normal for me to experience such luck. My feng shui apparently was left behind on the mainland, my positive chi was not present with me on the islands.


We went to a show to see American Idol, Jasmine Trias. I will give you this, that girl could sing. Our travels took us to Germaine's Luau where we experienced the most tender pork you could imagine.  The imu, which is an underground oven is covered in leaves that are removed during a ritual of dancing and chanting.  The aroma of this pig is mouth watering.
Luau Entertainment


As you dine, the kane (men) and wahine (women) entertain you with colorful dances of the Pacific.  It is truly entertaining not to mention how wonderful the food was. We were able to see the country side as we drove from Waikiki to Kapolei. I couldn't imagine living on an island and not being able to go any further than one end to the other,  but I love to visit them.

Getting ready for our evening was always filled with laughter.  I can get ready in less than thirty minutes, Tanya, well she has the "hair" thing that most women have.  I was very fortunate to be born with natural curly hair, wash, rinse and fly, it's the only way to go. As I would wait for her, I had to find some thing to keep me preoccupied.  One evening, I decided to shower last, giving her more time to prep and me less time to wait.  I walked out of the bathroom dressed in towels and announced I was ready for the evening.  She glanced over her shoulder as she was digging for something in her suitcase, which finally had arrived to the islands.  She had to do a double take as she noticed I had the bath towel around my waist and the two hand towels over my shoulders like suspenders, tucked into the waist skirt.  We could not stop laughing at the crazy things I think of and carry out!
Holiday Bed Dress


The best night though was Thanksgiving.  I was bored waiting so I conjured up my holiday wardrobe using the bedding. She is a great companion to travel with.  We both are so laid back and do not feel the need to be stuck to an itinerary. I am a little more daring than she is, but she keeps me from doing crazy things. She was in charge of my camera several times for that Kodak  moment to remember our travels to the Pacific.  Every shot she took was blurred.  I have now banned her from being the Queen's personal photographer.

Our travels took us to the flea market.  I was told this was the only place to shop on the  island if you were looking for a bargain.  I agree, the prices of items at the flea market were far less than at the ABC store or any other tourist trap you find.
Flea Market Floozie


Tanya discovered my hidden talent. As we were strolling down aisle after aisle, she found me humming and strumming for my people. She had no idea I knew how to play the ukulele. I had to remind her often it was the instrument of my land and who better to play than the Queen her self!

Our week was too short, but we both agreed, the trip was one of the best and we had found traveling companions in one another.  This marked the maiden voyage of many travels for the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment